I am currently engaged in a number of projects related to land policy, development planning, post-Siege reconstruction, community security, and health governance in Mindanao and elsewhere.
- “Urban reform in the Philippines: Bridging our many divides.” (2019) Article on placemaking as peacebuilding published by The Philippine Star.
- “Resist, Adapt, Submit: Barangay officials make tough choices in the drug war.” (2018, with A. Pangilinan and M. Villalon) Published by the Philippine Centre for Investigative Journalism and other major news networks.
- “Stemming the tide of violent extremism in the Philippines.” (2017.) Article on Marawi and preventing violent extremism published by the East Asia Forum.
- “Making Space for Peace: Placemaking and Peace-building in the Philippines. “ (9 February 2017.) Talk given at the residence of the British Ambassador to the Philippines. Video uploaded here.
- “The Two Sides of Dignity in Philippine Post-Crisis Response: Insights from Marawi and Typhoon Tembin (Vinta).” (2019) In K. Holloway (ed.) Dignity in displacement: evidence from Afghanistan, Colombia, Philippines, and South Sudan. London: Overseas Development Institute.
- “Open Data for the Bangsamoro Transition: Practical notes on using geospatial and statistical data for decision-making.” (2019, with A Baunto and J. Villasper). Policy brief published by The Asia Foundation. Available on www.openbangsamoro.com.
- “Community-led rehabilitation is the practical thing to do in Marawi: critical points for addressing land issues after the Siege.” (2018, co-written with David Garcia and Assad Baunto.) Policy brief published by The Asia Foundation. Available on www.openmarawi.com.
- Land: Territory, Domain, and Identity. (2017) Joint World Bank-International Organization on Migration study on marginalization through land dispossession in Mindanao, in support of the Transitional Justice and Reconciliation Commission (TJRC) created under the 2014 peace agreement between the Philippine Government and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.
- Humanitarian and Development Action Plan (2015). Provided assistance to the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao’s Regional Planning and Development Office (RPDO) in scenario planning for natural and man-made disasters, with special focus on the second district of Maguindanao.
- Bangsamoro Development Plan (2015). Member of the Core Planning Team that provided technical assistance to the the MILF’s development wing, the Bangsamoro Development Agency (BDA). The BDP is reportedly the first socio-economic development plan drafted by a non-state armed group prior to the implementation of a peace agreement.
- “Spatial Governance and Contestation: Prospects for Spatial Justice in the Philippine Archipelago”. Paper presented at the Philippine Update Conference. September 2016. Australian National University, Canberra, Australia. (conference proceedings).
- Spatial Justice and Contestation in Archipelagic States: The Case of Mindanao. August 2016. MPhil dissertation, University of Cambridge Department of Land Economy.
- Towards an Ecological and Culturally-Sensitive Approach to Provincial Planning for Conflict-Vulnerable Areas: The Case of Maguindanao. June 2015. MA thesis, University of the Philippines School of Urban and Regional Planning.
- “Potentials and Constraints of Socio-Economic Programs for Conflict-Affected Areas in Southern Philippines (2011-2013)”. Paper presented at the Asian Political and International Studies Association (APISA) 2014 Conference. September 2014. Chiang Mai University, Thailand. (conference proceedings).
- Far, Louise. (2016) Inahan sa Sugilanon (Mother of the Fairytale): Birthing a green school community. Quezon City: self-published.
- Lambino, John X. (2014) An Introduction to ASEAN and the ASEAN Community. Quezon City: Bluewater Publishing.